Tuesday, December 11, 2007

halfway through pedia

after a very long hiatus, i finally have the time to write a new entry. sheesh, we have such busy busy lives. the rheuma-ortho-rehab combo was actually fun. pharma was difficult, as usual. but at least, i know my antibiotics. :)

right now, our block is smack in the middle of our pedia rotation. i semi-successfully performed venous blood extraction in a pediatric patient. i inserted a nasogastric tube (a tube through the nose to the stomach) during first emergency room experience on the first day of pedia clinics. i've also listened to the heart of an adorable newborn while he was wailing in the incubator. i immunized my first newborn (bcg). just this morning, my partner and i survived our case conference on meningitis. hurray for pedia! i'm actually liking it, hence, another differential for me.

current differentials so far: pedia, radio, orl (in that order)


verse for the day:
i waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord. [psalm 40:1-3]

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home